Search This Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The girl whose fate crossed mine...

With my badly injured leg, my mood wasn't really that good on that day...it was the 2nd term of my upper six if I remember well. Suddenly, I hear the sound of steps. I wondered who was that, who would have imagined that person could have changed my life that much? It was a girl, quite skinny, her skin was so white, even whiter than mine! She was dressed quite simply and it all started with a hi!

From that day, my Saturday has changed completely. It has become a day, which I look forward to even with 5 tuitions! I still went to that tuition with a smile, even if it was my 4th tuition. I wanted to see her face. Her smile keep my mind always wondering...

As the weeks are gone by, before the correction for the biology practical, we talked to each other from 1.30pm most of the time until 3.30pm (2 hours for 2 weeks of waiting? Well that wasn't enough at all!), she shared quite some food with me (Tamarin sweets and that big mandarin which was so juicy and sour...this taste, had been engraved in that mind of mine forever).

At first I was hesitating to sit with her during the practical days or the correction days but that hesitation soon went by. I started to sit with her, at first there were some people who were making fun of us in an indirect way but soon enough I started not to care about it. That girl was not bothered by this either. We did a few practicals together it was mostly during the day of correction that we sat together but I still kept a distance from her...knowing the muslim rules... Soon enough I asked her for her email address and she gave it to me without any hesitation...She lent me her physics copybook for application, helped me in the biology tuition and opened her GP tuition copybook to give me ideas for my essay. I needed some biology practical notes, she made photocopies of it and gave it to me without asking anything in return! I will always be grateful to that girl!

After obtaining her email, we started to send each other emails...it started with 2 mails per day and sometimes it even reached over 5 emails per day...Everytime I refreshed my inbox just to see if I received any mail from her. We continued to talk talk talk like this, I wished there were unlimited subjects to talk on...Like this, we will always be talking to each other. Every time I was down, she always find the best words to tell me. I owe her so much, I wish I could return her all these one day...

The weeks went by and we started to walk to the bus stop together these were really some happy times I've spent with her and the time continues to fly...That simplicity, kindness and determination of hers not only impressed my eyes but also my heart. My mind started to think about her, during the week I lament...telling myself that I had to wait 1 more week to be able to see that face of hers again...

Uptill now, I've dreamed about that girl 6 times! My sleep were getting shorter and even shorter! The more I think about it, the more I realized that this future I dreamed of being with her is impossible. This matter was bugging my mind...I talked about it with Ramma several times...and then consulted other people...they all suggested me to confess with her.

Then one day I was determined to confess! I couldn't hold it anymore, I knew that I would be rejected but I wanted to hear it from her. In the end, the results are what I expected. I was friendzoned. At first I was fine but later on my heart started to hurt and it was really painful. I wondered why life didn't allow us to be together? Why fate is that cruel? Didn't I have a chance at all?

But I still felt relieved that we were still friends, I was asking myself, how? how will I be able to face her on Sunday? That day I went to sleep near 1am! I who am used to sleep 9pm is sleeping at 1am? That's not a change but a metamorphosis!

It's Sunday, the last day of tuition, reached the tuition 30 minutes late! I immediately took a seat and removed my copybook along with my pencil case. During the correction, I keep looking at the back... When she looked in my direction, I move my head back to the front and the time went by until the tuition is over...I went out of the class and waited for her...

When she came out I immediately called her name! I was a little bit happy that I was able to thank her, I kept a smile on my face (even if my tears are about to come out...). Yes, this is how, I met that wonderful girl.

With time I may forget what had happened between us all these weeks of 2013 but I will always remember that I loved a girl named Suhaima...

2 comments:

  1. Shiwwwwwww you've made me cry... ;( ;(
    Too bad for Suhaima, she doesn't know what she's missing...
    If somebody ever confesses these things to me I will be in HEAVEN...
    Guess that's why she's name Suhaima!
    She's a nice and beautiful but a little emotionless (not wanting to hurt you)
    Rejoice yourself, you're not the only one whose been rejected by her. There was another guy who is (emphasis on is) truly in love with her. The funny thing is, that boy is muslim and she rejected him too. So the problem is not you nor your religion. It's the fact she's not ready for these thing. Her priorities lies elsewhere Shiw. So don't be so heartbroken. Just take life as it comes and appreciate every moment of it...
    Beside I'm free! You could have asked me BIG LOL!!!
    Will miss you when you'll go! You and your craze for these BIZAROID cartoons you like!!!
    :) XP

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really touching and cute story. I have been through the sane problem of being friendzoned too and am still in covalescence... but life is not that cruel. One day will come when you will know you didn't get her because you deserved better than her, even if it's very hard to think about that for the moment. I would say impossible to think about that. But when that day will come you will stop regretting your "bad luck" .

    Life doesn't end here. I wish you best of luck Shiw and i know one day everything will become brighter for you. Just keep working hard and doing what your heart feels is right. ;)

    ReplyDelete