Search This Blog

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Qualities of a good manager

After working for a week in Cash and Carry, I've noticed that the manager there was lacking many qualities of a good manager. He made several mistakes and angered me! I was taking my 30 minutes break and he shouted at me for sitting there talking with others.

I lifted an LCD tv box from its handle, he told me that the box may break and that I should hold it with 2 hands. I was seriously full of rage! Other workers were do this and he said NOTHING! Just when I do it and he says something like that? Are the manufacturers stupid for putting these freaking holes for us? WTF...seriously!

1. A good manager must now how to lead his workers, they must be the one showing the direction and not telling the workers to go in all direction. He should be the one to show how things should be done.

2. A good manager must know the capacity of all the workers, so that he can place them in the right place so that work goes faster.

3. A good manager must praise if the work is done well and shout if work is not being done properly and NOT the contrary.

4. Boosting the moral of the workers is also one of the qualities of a good manager. One cannot expect to raise the moral of the workers when one's moral is low.

5. A good manager must not let feelings enter the work and have preference for some workers!

6. Listening to what the workers say is also essential, a good manager should be opened to any suggestions. Sometimes, the workers idea maybe even better.

7. A good manager must understand that workers are not robots! The workers should be told to do things in a pace they cannot or things that they simply cannot do! The manager should put himself in the place of the workers and think whether it is possible to do it or not.

These qualities are extremely important which I think that manager of Cash and Carry does not have. He should seriously take a tuition/a course! Hopefully this way, he will be able to understand me better =_="

No comments:

Post a Comment